What is Social Media Marketing?
Social Media Marketing (SMM) also named “Social Marketing”, is a kind of marketing platform where we use social media channels for our marketing strategies.
In other words –
Implementing marketing strategies through social media platforms (like – Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus and many more) widely known as Social Media Marketing.
Do you know – Social Media is the fastest growing trend on the internet, which has grown faster than the internet itself?
In day to day life, we are so addicted to our mobile phones, we start feeling uneasiness if our mobile phone is taken away for 20 mints (statista survey). These users are suffering from Nomophobia. Nomophobia is a new term given to those users who are fearful of not being near to their mobile phones.
Why social media is a powerful marketing platform?
- People are spending more time on social media than on TV
- A social media regular user, on an average spends 135 minutes per day on social media (statista 2017).
- Social network global audience in 2018 has surpassed 3.2 billion users.
- This platform is going to be more precise and accurate in measuring advertising ROI
- Comparing all media platform, social media is the most interactive and less expensive
- The overall budget for social media is going to be double in the next five years
- The Ad targeting option on social media is more accurate. According to Adobe’s State of Digital Advertising, 2018 edition – Social media is the most relevant platform for ads.
Till now, we talked about the importance and impact of social media in our day to day life. Now you will see that what is for us in social media.
Social media marketing, its usage and benefits:-
- To gain more traffic on your new blogs or websites
- You can increase more interaction to your YouTube channel and eventually increase subscribers
- As an affiliate, you can make a good chunk of money
- And as an entrepreneur you can establish your business
If social media is so powerful platform for advertising, why not to in cash this opportunity.