Q1: What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a powerful tool developed by Google to help digital marketers to track and measure their website stats.
If you own a website, you just have to place Analytics Code in your website header and it’s all done.
As soon as you place this code in your website header all your website data start getting recorded and you can see all the stats in your Google Analytics reports.
This tool will track your website performance on both platforms: Paid and Organic (*non paid).
This will tell you the source of your website traffic, visitors demographics, website page popularity, bounce, and exit rates, which is your best performing page, what are the results of your online campaigns, traffic flow, historical data, etc.
The best part of this tool is that it’s absolutely free to use.
Q2: What is the “Google Analytics Certification” exam and where I can find it?
Google Analytics Certification, also called as Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) is a certification program freely offered by Google to all the aspirants who want to pass this test.
Those who clear this online exam get a Google Analytics certificate from Google as an award.
With an intention to educate people about its tools and services Google has made an online academy (https://academy.exceedlms.com & https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/).
On this platform, Google has free online training material related to multiple topics, where Analytics is one of these topics.
Those aspirants who want to increase their knowledge about Google Analytics can read the online study material and can prepare for the exam. The study material has a lot of graphics and videos to ease the concepts.
Q3: What are the types of Google Analytics certification?
The main exam is the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) test.
There are two more types of assessment exams, made to study.
- Google Analytics for Beginners
- Advanced Google Analytics
So we can say, Google Academy has three types of Analytics exams. One is the main exam known as GAIO for certification and two other assessment exams for preparation.
Q4: What is the format of the Google Analytics Certification exam?
The Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) exam format:
- Online exam
- Free to take
- 70 questions
- 90 minutes
- 80% or higher score needed
- Retake is allowed after 24 hours
- Certificate would not reflect your number of attempts
- Valid for 12 months (1 year) only
Google says 60 minutes for this exam but you will get 90 minutes. You need to give 56 or more correct answers out of 70 questions to pass this exam.
Earlier it’s certificate was valid for 18 months, now it is valid only for 12 months.
During the exam you can see the remaining time at the top right screen, you can also open another window but the clock keeps ticking.
That means you are allowed to open another web page during the exam. Some times many of you would have interested to know that :-).
Q4: What are Google Analytics free courses and what is their curriculum?Google Analytics Academy has two courses to prepare for the Google Analytics certification program – GAIQ. These are
- Google Analytics for Beginners – Topics
- How to create an account
- Implement tracking code and set up data filters
- How to navigate the Google Analytics interface and reports
- Set up dashboards and shortcuts
- How to analyze basic Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports
- Set up goals and campaign tracking
- Advanced Google Analytics – Topics
- How to use Custom Dimensions
- How to use Custom Metrics
- How to use Event Tracking
- Advanced techniques using segmentation
- Advanced techniques using channel reports
- Advanced techniques using audience reports and custom reports
- Remarketing strategies
- Dynamic Remarketing strategies
Q4: How to prepare for Google Analytics certification?
Once you have made your mind to go for Analytics certification you need to start with Google Analytics Academy.
Here you will find two courses one is for beginner’s level and another is an advanced level.
These courses are like a drill to the mail Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) exam.
Once you honestly clear these exams you can appear for GAIQ text.
Tips to clear the Google Analytics Individual Qualification Exam:
- Try to finish all these exams within 3 days
- Don’t break your rhythm till its done
- Make notes to clear the concepts – Many questions would come from your notes only
- Open another window and practice it practically
- Take small breaks between the topics
Don’t hurry. Give one day for one exam and don’t study too much in a day. Go slow as per your grasping capacity else you would be highly confused at the end.